Garlic Maple Tahini | GRF, VV
This is my go-to tahini sauce. It is magnificent on pretty much anything edible. I usually make a bigger batch and leave it in my fridge to drizzle on bowls, spread on sandwiches, eat by the spoonful. I don’t know – anything really.
What I use (yields about 2 cups)
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (depending on lemon juiciness its about 1-2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Ice cold water (about 1 cup)
- Salt + pepper
What I do
- Add all ingredients (except water) into big bowl and whisk. It will separate and have a weird looking consistency – that is totally normal.
- Slowly add water, continuing to whisk until you arrive at the perfectly creamy consistency. I used just under a cup of water to get it where I wanted.
- Season with salt till it tastes good. Add a couple twists of cracked pepper. Donezo!
**Tip: Using ice cold water will help aerate the tahini and make it creamier and velvety which is what we want!
*This is what it will look like before you add the water