Maple Sriracha Brussel Sprouts | GRF, VV
I am a big big big brussel sprout guy. Big fan of the entire brassica family actually. This recipe is a super easy way to get bomb.com brussels every time. Sweet and spicy and perfect for that thanksgiving side dish you were supposed to bring! The maple sriracha sauce itself can be used on many vegetables so don’t be afraid to adapt this recipe with whatever vegetable you want. I’m picturing roasted cauliflower. Or roasted heirloom carrots. Yum.
What I use (serves 2-4)
- 500g of brussel sprouts
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp sriracha (or more if you want it spicier)
- 1/2 tsp sherry vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
What I do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean the brussel sprouts by slicing off the end of each and cut in half lengthwise.
- Toss sprouts with oil and salt. Lay on sheet tray and roast for 10 minutes. Flip/toss and roast for another 10 minutes.
- While they are roasting, make the glaze by whisking together maple syrup, garlic, sriracha, and sherry vinegar.
- Decrease oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Toss the roasted sprouts in the glaze mixture and spread back out onto sheet tray. Roast for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer to your favourite serving platter and finish with a big squeeze of lemon juice.