Prosciutto, Manchego + Arugula Salad w/ Fig Jam Vin
A salad inspired by my favourite charcuterie board combination: crackers, fig jam, manchego cheese and prosciutto! Now we can eat charcuterie and cheese whenever we please because #salad 😛
What I use (serves 2-4):
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 4 slices prosciutto, torn into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup manchego cheese, shaved using veg peeler
- 2 slices of bread, cut into cubes (I use gf white bread)
- 2 tbsp butter
- some good flakey salt
Fig jam dressing (makes about 1/3 cup):
- 1 tbsp fig jam
- 1 tbsp minced shallot (about 1/2 a shallot)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup oil (I prefer something neutral tasting like veg oil)
What I do:
- To make dressing: in a medium bowl add fig jam, shallots, vinegar and salt. Whisk until combined. Slowly pour in oil, whisking as you go to emulsify.
- To make croutons: add butter to skillet set over medium heat. Once melted and bubbling add cubes of bread and a pinch of salt. Cook until golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes per side. Make sure you rotate the cubes so every side gets nice and buttery golden brown!
- Assemble! Toss arugula with a couple tbsp of dressing and pinch of flaky salt. Top with cheese, prosciutto, croutons and a final little drizzle of dressing. That’s it, that’s all. Charcuterie salad!