Warm Potato Salad with Feta and Dill
What I use: (serves 6 as a side)
- 5-6 Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1” chunks
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 dill pickles, diced small
- 2 ribs of celery, diced small
- 1/4 cup leeks, thinly sliced (or diced shallot / red onion works)
- 2 tbsp grainy dijon (I love Kozliks triple crunch – it’s THE best)
- 2 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta (optional)
What I do:
- Preheat oven to 425F. Toss the potatoes in oil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Lay on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and roast in oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, dice all your veg and herbs up and gently mix in a large bowl.
- Toss warm potatoes in your bowl with all the fixings. Add lemon juice, olive oil and feta. Taste for seasoning – add a pinch of salt if it needs it. I like to mash the potatoes and break them up a little bit with the back of a spoon – but you do you.
- Serve warm or at room temp! Also good cold from the fridge on day 2 😏